Tuesday, December 22, 2009

spreading Christmas cheer through yumminess!

Today we delivered our Christmas happies to our friends and Parker's teachers. Yesterday, I spent many fun hours in the kitchen baking Banana Nut Bread & Pumpkin Bread. I had decided several months ago that this is what I would be doing for our holiday gifts this year. I was pleased with the outcome and excited to get out and deliver them to everyone.
(Originally, I had planned on different wrapping for the breads, but in the end, decided on just the classic Reynold's Wrap with a Christmas Red Raffia bow in front & a simple nametag. Random Funny: These tags are leftover from about 10 years ago...my mom bought several different cute kinds of holiday note pads...she would leave random notes around the house around Christmastime using these & also used them on our gifts to family & friends. Because I loved them so much, she gave me some to have. You are probably thinking I am crazy for having something random like that from 10 years ago in my house now...but somehow I have kept & continuously used these throughout the years. Last year, around this time, I was leaving notes in Clay's cooler for lunch on these cute papers!)

It was fun getting out today & spreading our Christmas cheer through yumminess! :)

P.S. We have worked it out with the jolly fellow to come visit our house early this year, so Clay can be here to share in the excitement of Parker's Christmas morning. Santa has been so great to work it into his busy schedule to pop over to our home tonight! With that being said, it's off to bed for us all so as not to keep the Big Guy waiting!

No comments: