Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ear infections, two year molars, the pick-and-choose strategy, and Pink Daisy Cheeks!

Been spending lots of cuddle time with this little fellow over the last several days. After a trip to urgent care on Friday, we discovered he has a right ear infection (this would make ear infection number three since the first of May....tubes are coming in the near future!).

Additionally, his two year molars are coming through and he is going through a "mommy only-and-if-mommy-is-not-there, daddy-will-sometimes-do" phase. It is a sweet and cherished phase, but some days leave me quite tired from it. :) Parker never went through this to the extreme that Cooper is now. His bubba is down in Texas staying with his grandparents for a week of fun and excitement, so it has been just the two of us having special Cooper and mommy time. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be at home with him during this phase of needing me around a bit more. A few months ago, I would not have been able to give him extra care throughout the days. I love being able to give him extra snuggles and kisses. The other night (one that I remember being particular exhausted on) as I was carrying him up the stairs to put him to bed, as he had one arm draped over my shoulder and around my neck he said over and over, "appy, appy, appy" (for "happy"). He put his two chubby little hands on either side of my faced and kissed me twice emphasizing the "Mwaaah! Mwaah!" as he smooched me. Now that can make a tired mommy smile.
I had to laugh the other day as we were fixing our lunches. My plate and Cooper's dish were side by side and I had a chair pulled up next to me for him to help place the items on the plates (which was hilarious because I knew none of the food would actually make it to the plates if I handed anything to him. It would either go in his mouth or back on the counter in rejection. ha ha!) After I had everything on the plates, I grabbed up the cold foods and took them to the fridge. When I returned the 2 steps to the counter where Cooper and the plates were, I noticed that the food was arranged a little differently on each of the plates. All of my grapes were gone, his plate had all the yellow peppers and I now had possession of his two turkey sticks. The little stinker had picked and chosen only the items he wanted on his plate. Apparantly, we think we are able to get away with the "pick and choose" strategy at meal times. Sorry, but the cuteness factor does not work that way with me, my little mr mr. Not usually anyway. :)


He is certainly keeping his mama busy these days!
Below is just one example of why I usually don't turn my back on this child for a minute...Disaster is guaranteed to strike.

This morning, disaster almost happened in the form of Mary Kay lipstick all over my downstairs living room. I emphasize the word almost because thankfully, the only place the lipstick ended up was on Cooper's sweet cheeks. I literally half-turned my back to him for a second and this was the result...Gingerbread, Pink Daisy and Apricot Glaze cheeks. Thank you Lord that it didn't get all over my white carpet.

Meanwhile, down in Texas...

Swimming, hanging out with Nana, Poppie, KK and CiCi, and even a first time event to the Ringling Brothers Circus. We're missing him but I'm not very sure that he is missing us!! ha ha! We love you Parker!

No comments: