Sunday, June 26, 2011

a visit from Rassie and other random happenings...

Lots has been happening around here lately...

Rassie flew in to see her grandsons 2 weeks ago; the time flew by much too fast...but then it always does when family is near. Though the week was busy with work hours, we still found time for some "real time." The boys and Rassie enjoyed an outing one morning to the zoo and then there was dinner at Rainforest cafe at Mall of America, a special 2 hour shopping trip (just the two of us without the kids), a walk on a nice evening around the neighborhood and playtime at the park. She was so sweet to spoil me with a couple of homecooked meals ready and prepared when I walked in the door late in the day, and I think spent several hours practically every day trying to catch me up on my ironing! She was a great help while she was here; I just wish the week had gone by slower so we could have squeezed in more visiting time.


Thanks for sharing your summer time with us, Mama! I love you!

You know we had to fill our hours after Rassie left with activity or we might be really sad, so a few hours after she flew out, some friends of ours came over for dinner and a playdate. Bella and Parker had such a great time playing with just about every toy that we have! We miss our friends not living close by anymore, so it's special when we can get together to hang out several times a year. The two play so well together; the adults love to visit and to watch them!

Other random things...
Parker is excited to own his very first sleeping bag compliments of his daddy. When Clay brought it home the other week, Parker insisted he was going to sleep in it that afternoon during naptime. I think he's excited about it...what do you think?

Several weeks ago, Clay and I both celebrated our birthdays. On the night of my birthday, I came home to this...Clay and Parker busy in the kitchen creating delicious kabobs...the beautiful thing about it? I didn't have to lift a finger. :) I joked with him (when I saw the numerous dishes in the sink that the meal left for us) that I thought being the birthday girl meant NO work in the kitchen for a whole 24 hours. He laughed. Well, one out of two wasn't bad! Definately not complaining...I'll take whatever I can get!!!

And this little fella has been busy on his knees exploring the possibilities of crawling. He takes one to two little knee crawls and then falls down to his tummy. He then rolls over and over and over to get where he needs to go and when he gets near a couch or table, sits himself up by scooting his little knees up underneath him and plopping over onto his bottom. He's up to 4 teeth now and likes to put anything and everything in his mouth. He keeps his mama busy, and I love him so much! Such a cutie!!

1 comment:

Marsha Goodwin said...

Love hearing about your life with your family..The pictures of your mom's visit were great...Thanks for sharing your family with us..Your boys are precious...Love you