Monday, August 6, 2012

Ashleigh's Bachelorette Party in Texas

Back at the end of May I took a quick trip down to Texas one weekend for my sister-in-law's Bachelorette's Party. It was a tricky weekend to plan, because I was helping host a baby shower back in Minnesota that Sunday afternoon and the bachelorette party was down in Texas Saturday evening. Cooper flew down with me at the end of the week while Parker stayed back with Clay. While giving us a break from unpacking from the move, both Clay and I also enjoyed some great one on one time with the boys. Thursday night, Cooper and I went with all of the family to dinner to celebrate my sister-in-law, Kaylee's birthday.

Cooper and I had all of Friday to play at a neighborhood park, take a dip in the pool, and stroll all over Nana and Poppie's house for little boy treasures. :) While I was sipping wine with the girls and Cooper was sound asleep at Nana and Poppie's, Clay and Parker were checking out highschool baseball games at a nearby park and going to see Avengers at the movie theater. (Parker got his own tub of popcorn to which Clay said he devoured it all! ha ha! I can only imagine what his little tummy looked like when he walked out of that place!)

Since Clay and I were not able to make any of the pre-wedding festivities I was excited to be able to attend the girls weekend down in Houston. Kaylee, another sis-in-law, did an amazing job planning and preparing for the weekend. Several of the bridesmaids went over on Friday to help KK set up and get the last minute details wrapped up. I was in charge of the tissue pom poms. :) We had so much fun chatting and laughing as we decorated and then as we got ready for the evening. KK and Ash share a place with two other girls and then there were two other bridesmaids from out of town (me and Coco) so it was a blast sitting in front of a mirror laughing while we put on our evening attire and lipstick. Of course, I was giddy excited about this part of the night, which probably cracked each of them up...they do this this kind of thing all the time...but for me to have time in front of the mirror and actually get to the eyeshadow portion of the makeup process is a treat these days. I loved every minute of it!

The beautiful bride-to-be at Taste of Texas:

For dinner, we went to the Taste of Texas. WOW. This place is amazing. As soon as I took a step in the front door, I realized why so many people talked about this place. It was gorgeous. A rugged yet grand place filled with rare Texan artifacts--large rare Texas artifacts. Famous for their steaks, but just as famous for their hospitality and prided state furnishings, Taste of Texas is a place you should treat yourself to if you ever find yourself in the great state. I had fun walking around the inside and outside of the large building while we waited for our 12 person table. I did not get bored. :)

After our delicious dinner, we headed back to the girls' apartment to eat a cupcake or two, sip some wine and shower the future bride with gifts.







Thank you girls for a FABULOUS time! Thanks to Nana and Poppie for watching my little Cooper so that I could enjoy girls night! We missed you CiCi!!!

That night, when I left the girls' place, I went back to Nana and Poppie's, finished packing up our things and crawled into bed for two hours before the alarm went off telling me it was time to head to the airport. Time to head back to Minne for shower #2 that weekend. :)

Cooper actually did very well in the air...although, he did not think sleep was necessary on the early a.m. flight, like most of the other passengers on the flight. I think the woman behind us had the right idea. Obviously, she was not traveling with a one year old. Ha!

No comments: