Thursday, May 13, 2010

busy days

To say that the last 2 1/2 weeks have been a whirlwind would be an understatement; I'm sure that anyone who has been through a move or major personal event would agree. In keeping this brief (since I'm borrowing a neighbors'/friends' computer) I'll summarize our events over the last couple of weeks:

Monday, April 26: moving truck came...we officially moved all of our belongings from the apt to the house
Tuesday: spent from 11am-4am with a one hour supper break cleaning the apt (remind me to tell you sometime how many filters are in a microwave that you can clean...I think you'll be surprised)
Wednesday: exhausted beyond words...Clay left to go fly that morning
Thursday: don't remember anything other than packing & unpacking...oh yeah, we had our move-out inspection...
Friday: flew out for friends' wedding in MS with Parker
Saturday: wedding in MS
Sunday: supposed to leave Grenada at 2am with mom to head to airport to make 6am flight back to Minne...due to Tornados, flash flood warnings & thunderstorm warnings in MS & TN we didn't make that 36 hr trip in MS turned into 48 :)
Monday: left at 2:30am to head to Memphis for flight to MN...flight delayed because of weekend weather...arrived just a few hours later than planned

After arriving back from MS, we have unpacked most of the boxes that are in the house (I have a LONG way to go before everything is in its place & looking cute though!), spent a LOT of time outside working & playing, visiting with new & old friends, a fun outing to the Children's Museum & yesterday I had fun watching 3 boys for a girlfriend of mine (Parker had so much fun playing with 3 other guys & getting to do all "boy stuff" for awhile).

If you can believe it, we still do not have internet service (should be up & running by next Thursday), cable or a house phone. I have honestly checked my email once in the last 2 1/2 weeks...I couldn't tell you when I have EVER not checked my email in such a long period of time. Cable & house phone I am fine without...internet on the other hand...not so much. I told Clay last night that he wasn't allowed to sleep in the bed with me until he called about our internet service. ha ha! He took care of it right away; unfortunately, it will be 7-8 days before they can hook it up. Boo.

Lots of pics & fun things to post. I'll look forward to getting back to regular posting next week! :)


Blessed Rain said...

sounds like you have been hecka busy, hopes things calm down soon.

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..

Random but Important Thoughts said...

Carrie, I have missed you and feel like we have so much to catch up on! Let's get together after Memorial Day! Congratulations on new baby and new house!