Sunday, October 3, 2010

40 weeks

Today marks 40 weeks for Baby...I never would have imagined we'd still be waiting the arrival of our new addition at this point...not after thinking I would be induced at 39 weeks for the longest time. I am so thankful that baby and I are both doing well and can't wait to hear what my doctor has to say tomorrow!!!

This morning I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I was thinking of everything from wanting to get up and dust my downstairs den to how yummy eating a few gooey cinnamon rolls would be. (...still craving one of those by the way.) Clay, Parker, Nana & I went to church this morning; it was a typical Sunday morning for us. Nice to still have a little routine in our days every so often.

My "to do" lists are done (therefore, I am making new ones) and we are just anxiously, but patiently awaiting arrival of Baby Nolen. I keep thinking about how excited Parker is and what a good big brother he's going to be. I know with happy times there will be tantrums, melt-downs, jealous states and a lack of understanding...he is only 2 after all. However, the excitement and cuteness of seeing him as a big brother will totally outweigh all of that. He has asked many times this week if mama has bought enough diapers and nunu's for the baby. (he thinks it will need more, so every time we go to the store he insists that we add those items to the buggy! ha ha!) Today, he wanted to wrap the baby's gifts that he will bring to the hospital when he comes to visit. He was so proud of his wadded tissue contribution to the sweet gift bags. :)

Sweet Baby Nolen, we are so excited to meet you very soon! I love you so very much and can't wait to hold you in my arms for the first time!!!
Blue or pink, we soon shall see!!! :)

5 comments:

Terra Cravens said...

I THINK PINK!!! :) Oh, I got butterflies reading this post...can't wait to get the phone call that "she" is on "her" way!!! Can't wait to hear what the doc says tomorrow :)

Shzelly said...

Carrie,
Praying for healthy and happy delivery for everyone! Can't wait to meet your new little one!
Love,
Shelly

The Warf Stories said...

Can't WAIT to hear!! Praying for y'all!! Thinking about you this morning!

valerie said...

I'm hoping for PINK!!!

Marsha Goodwin said...

Thanks for sharing your foliage pictures...I am scared all our leaves are going to fall off the trees from drought before we can see any beautiful trees turning colors..

God bless you and your family as you wait on baby #2 to get here..Praying for a healthy baby, easy delivery, and for your soon-to-be family of 4..

Love you,
Aunt Mar