Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rassie's visit in June

Clay and I always LOVE when family comes to stay for a cherished visit. When I called my mom just after the move and said, "So when are you coming to visit?" and we decided on a June date, I was ecstatic. Almost a month to the day after our move, my mom flew into the cities. I could not wait to take her to our already favorite nearby parks and show her the glistening lakes in the late afternoon.
We had a picnic at the park early one evening: Peppers on the coleman, hamburgers smokin' on the park grill, kids laughing on the swing as their Rassie pushed them as high as she felt she safely could :), ants on a log for appetizers, a beautiful sunset right on the lake, and then wrapping up the non-traditional chilly summer evening with smores at the homestead. Aaahhh...love me some summer days.
Coats in June?! Only in Minnesota. Luckily, we were not far from home that evening so that I could run in and grab our coats. It actually got quite chilly that particular evening...go figure!



Amongst the travels to the North Shores region, Rassie spent amazing quality time with her two grandsons, helped me tremendously with organization around the home, and even provided Clay and me with a couple of date nights.

It was a joy to get together at Maynards with several friends from church one night. A night out for just the grown-ups? I'll take it! :)


Clay and I also ventured downtown for a special date night at Fogo de Chao. Since he and I only currently get about 2-3 date nights a year (well, maybe 4 some years) ;) we decided to splurge. No regrets in this decision. Yum and extra yum!
 

On the way home, I could not help but snatch a photo of the view of Minneapolis.

Mama, thank you soooooo much for coming to stay with us this summer for two whole weeks!!! We loved every minute of it! You were sweet to spoil us the way you did...and you saved me from going crazy with several of my house projects!! Thank you for understanding me and accepting me for my crazy, go-go-go self. :) I love you with all my heart always!!!

No comments: