Thursday, August 12, 2010

my life in lists

Lately, I have been finding such peace and solace in my lists. (more so than usual!) I am and always have been a "list girl." Every day I find myself making new lists and looking forward to crossing off as many of the items as I can. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise though...it started when I was in elementary and has stuck with me ever since. I still have every single school/year-at-a-glance calendar with notes plastered all over them; it makes me smile to go and look at previous year's annotations and what my "to do's" were 10 years ago...so different than today's.

Here were a few of my to do's on August 11, 1999:
Schedules 9am
New Student Orientation 9:30-10am
Cheer practice 9-12pm
Dr. Loria in Oxford 4pm
church 6:30-7:30pm
Show (aka the movie theater) at 7:30pm
Gene's Bday (one of my boss's at McAlisters)

Today, my lists are quite different, but still as full. Grocery lists, "To Do" lists broken down by room and month, Idea Lists, "To Buy for House" decor list, "meals for the next month" lists, "Christmas ideas" list, possible "Baby Names" list --we need to spend a lot more time on this one!, "supplies to stock up on before Baby #2 arrives" list, and of course the never-ending Scrapbooking ideas and projects lists. :)

One of the reasons for the lack of posts lately is actually because of these lists... in addition to our crazy, everyday life events this last month and a half or so, I have been faithfully and steadily getting things crossed off each of my lists during the 4 1/2 mins a day my two and a half year old actually lets me. Writing down and completing tasks gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. I have a long way to go before the first of October, but truthfully I am having fun and looking forward to checking off many more items before that time!

[insert "list" picture here]

No comments: