Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Friends and a Recipe

A couple of weeks ago, some dear friends of ours from church came over to visit and bring dinner (thank you sooo much again guys; I now have 2 new favorite recipes!!!) It was great getting to relax for a bit after dinner and the kids were down the night; we laughed and chatted until it felt like it was midnight only to be shocked when we read 9:12 on the clock. ha ha! ...Tells you how old we are getting! Katie and Ryan, thank you for a fabulous evening of fun and friendship; we must repeat it again soon! :)

Ryan and Katie have an adorable little tot named Blake...and I have to say he reminds me so much of Parker when he was younger. A sweet little boy who is always into something. :) Prepare yourself for the upcoming year ya'll. It will be a fun one, but a very busy one! ha ha!

After dinner I begged Katie to share her scrumptious recipes with me, to which she humbly shook her head and laughed, but graciously agreed. One of those recipes is shared below...So, I speak for myself and everyone else who is smart enough to try creating this treat in their own kitchen...THANK YOU Katie!!! If I had one phrase to describe the tasty pumpkin bars I would say that it is "the perfect taste of Autumn."

P.S. I told Katie I was going to take her shopping with me so she could help spruce up my wardrobe. She always looks adorably fashionable.

Pumpkin Dump Cake

1 - 29oz can of pumpkin (or 2 of the 15 oz cans)
12oz can of evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 C sugar
1tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1 box of yellow cake mix
¾ C butter
Chopped pecans

**Katie says: I also added a dash of pumpkin spice but it’s not in the original recipe.

Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
Pour mix into a 9 x 11 pan
Pour yellow cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture
Sprinkle pecans on top
Pour ¾ C melted butter over top

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes

1 comment:

Anna Goryunova said...

Amazing Blog. It's inspiring how you record EVERYTHING!!!