Friday, March 18, 2011

a Glimpse of Green and Winter Memories

I have been giddy the last couple of days over this...GREEN!!! Dirt, mud, dead grass...whatever one would like to call it...it is there. Underneath all that snow lies earth! Yes!
Summer, we are ready...yes, I do know my seasons of Minnesota: Winter, Winter II, Summer, & some years we even get a Fall. 

In a couple of months, gone will be the days of brushing snow off of our cars...

Gone will be the days of having our entryway look like this every time we walk in the door...

Gone will be the days of shoveling and plowing our driveways...

To be true...Though my heart is fonder of warm weather, fireflies and summer nights, there are a few things I will miss about dear 'ole Winter...

Bedtime stories by the Fireplace

Scenic Winter Drives

Cuddling with this snowbunny...

Having this guy bring in firewood for us and spoiling us with toasty fires in the fireplace each night that he is home...I don't know what's sexier: seeing this cutie in shorts, a winter coat and snow boots or the fact that he is about to build yet another fire for us while I prop my tootsies up and have a warm tea and Godiva. ;)

Our Bedroom View

Seeing Parker all bundled up in his snow gear ready to "mow the snow" or ice fishing in the front yard using a fallen tree branch (and then dragging the large branch into my home and asking me where he can keep his fishing pole) makes for a happy afternoon too.

One day, later in the year, when I am waiting around for cooler weather (ha!) maybe I'll grab a mug of hot cocoa and reminisce over some of our Winter Memories.

In the last three days we have jumped at the opportunity to take a few strolls around the neighborhood --bundled up of course. :) You would think neither of my boys had ever seen puddles to splash in or leaves to play with. I can't wait for the warm, summer days of eating every meal outside on the deck, daily strolls around the neighborhood, bonfires with our neighbors, playtime in the backyard, and so much more. Aaah. I haven't had much time to do extra things around the house lately (actually, I've barely managed to keep up with the day-to-day) but I was excited to bring out my spring decor. LOVE the colors and the feeling it brings to see it out each day. Now I just need some bright buttercups to place in my kitchen; and, if I don't chance looking outside to see the remaining white stuff or pay attention to our weather forecast of currently being 27 degrees with a chance of snow on Tuesday...I might believe it to actually be Spring. ;)

1 comment:

valerie said...

Wow - can't imagine your kind of "spring"! We are having mild nights and warm days; reached the 80's a couple of times. I was so glad to put away the heavy coats. Got really tired of bundling up! Still have some firewood and have tried to burn it up, but it's just been too warm these last few nights.