Today is a special day...
it's my mama's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mom!!!
I love you so very much!
A few things about my mom:
- She's an amazing writer....especially when it comes to whipping out poems at the last minute
- She loves her children and grandchildren immensely
- She will drop anything and everything to care for the needs of others
- She moved 11 times growing up (before she married my dad)...all in the South
- She has taught elementary school for 20+ years...I have never seen a more patient and experienced teacher with her first and third graders. She loves her kids and they love her. She has taught in both the public and private school associations.
- She is a good dancer.
- She was very shy growing up
- You will find her working on props backstage rather than sitting front and center
- I got my love of books from her
- She is an amazing cook
- She is a middle child and is very close to both sisters
- She is a Southern lady.
- Though her journey has been hard, she has always stayed strong in her faith
- She sings alto...and is good
a few more things to know:
- She is the strongest woman I have ever known
- She and I could never share shoes because my feet were always larger than hers once I got in Jr High (she wears a 7)
- She reads her Bible daily over a cup of coffee first thing in the morning
- She loves spending time with family
- She has a love for music
- If she had to choose between shopping for clothes, jewelry or shoes she would choose shoes!
- She has always supported my brother in me in our decisions, ideas, etc.
- She gives very wise advice
- The clothes in her closet are a lot more fashionable than the clothes in mine :)
- I talk to my mom on the phone every day
Mama, I hope that you have a wonderful day, week, month and year. I pray that it is filled with many sweet blessings and memories. You are such an inspiration to me and I love you so much! Thank you for being the mother and friend that you are to me. (and the Rassie to our kiddos!)