Sunday, February 7, 2010

our trip to ms in summary...

Did you miss me?!? :) I meant to post more while in MS, but when I got down there I realized I left my camera cord (you know, the one that links the camera to the computer?) back at home.

I would love to sit & type out a detailed story of all the fun things Parker & I did in MS for the 8 days we were there, but it is Sunday afternoon & this is my first chance with time on the computer since I returned to Minne on Friday afternoon. As you can see, I'm a little behind...

Rest assured, we had a fabulous time visiting with family & friends...& even managed to squeeze in a little R&R! Just in the first 4 days, we helped with 2 baby showers, visited with great-grandparents, grandparents, great-aunts & uncles, cousins, friends, met with Mary Kay customers, visited my old school & had lunch in the cafeteria with the children, played with vintage toys, & collected family memorabilia & pictures for our family history albums. I am so thankful for the time that we had down there. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip that sum up our activities.

Carrie & Ashley at Terra's shower:

Ashley, Carrie & Terra at Natalie's shower:

Terra & Carrie

Supper at Crackerbarrel with Granddaddy, Nana & Aunt Kathi...thanks for my Bulldog gear Aunt Kathi & Alyssa!! (I do think some of our Rebel Fans in the family will have something to say about this though!) :)
This vintage car belonged to Poppie (Clay's daddy) when he was a little boy. It was given to Poppie by his grandmother (Faye's mom)..Parker's great, great grandmother. Parker is having such a time playing with it!!! I am amazed at the great condition it is in! Makes you wonder why they quit building toys with the "stuff" they used to!

Collected bits of memorabilia for our family history albums...what a treasure hunt this was! I was like a kid in a candy store!

Took a walk down to Mama Sam & Shorty's garden in Oxford. Parker enjoyed this first outing "down the hill" to see the dogs, the four wheelers & shed, the garden & more fun outdoor boy toys!!! It was special to see the two of them walking hand in hand down the hill. This brought back many childhood memories for me.



Parker meeting another cousin for the first time...thanks for coming to see us Sam!

Getting into mud & puddles in Rassie's front yard & neighborhood. I should have packed the rain boots & gear for this trip! I believe it rained all but 2 days we were there. ha!

Visiting Rassie & her children in her classroom at school...they loved listening to Parker talk! They wanted him to continue repeating "Rassie" which sounds like "Wahdie."


Special to see Parker walking down the steps at my old school that I went up & down almost every day for 12 years. He visited the preschool classroom (thanks Mrs. Jan & Mrs. Melanie), ate lunch in the cafeteria with all the other students & ooh'd & aah'd over the gym that mama used to cheer & play basketball in (he just wanted to play ball of course!)

Loved "monkeying" around with all his toys at Rassie's & Grannie & Papa's in Grenada...Parker spent a good bit of time at G & P's house with Nana too (thank ya'll so much for watching the monkey for me so I could get my jobs done!!!). I didn't get any pictures of his playtime there, because most of the time I was running around Grenada getting tasks done while they were gracious enough to chase him around for me!!!
One of my favorite relaxing hours while there was when I was able to sit on mama's couch & look through some of Grandmother's recipes. Special moments like this make each of my MS trips even more memorable...
Another picture from one of the baby showers...didn't Ashley do an amazing job with setting everything up. It truly looked like a picture out of a Southern magazine. I especially loved how so much of the refreshments were featured on McCarty.
Yes, I took a lot of pictures while on the trip. And yes, I only wish this was my camera....one day...one day... :)



Thank you to everyone who helped to make our trip so special & fun! Until next time...

One of the best attractions for little children at an airport is to get a front row view of your airplane...then you can explain to him the process of everyone checking & getting the plane ready for take-off..."see the pilot walking around & checking the plane, Parker," "Look Parker! They are loading our food & drinks on to the plane now!" All the activity amazes them!
Best plane ride activity for a toddler: Stickers & a blank sheet of paper (or blue jeans will work fine too! ;))

No comments: