Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Party with Friends and a Holiday Recipe

Some friends of ours from Small Group, Ericka and Mike, hosted their 1st Annual Christmas Party this year. Have I mentioned before that Ericka loves to bake...and Mike loves her for that. :) Her beautiful and tasty treats not only please the sweet tooth, but are quite easy on the eye as well. I could not help but take a couple of snapshots of her "cookie table" to share.

...the snowflake cake pops were heaven on earth.

Our Small Group, plus Susie and Mike (the honorees :)):
Along with the scrumptious treats, Ericka whipped up a yummy drink: Drunken Smores. After trying one that evening, I immediately begged her for this tasty recipe. I would highly recommend whipping up one of these next holiday season as you sit by the fire wrapping Christmas presents. It is delicious!
Ericka graciously shared the recipe with me, to which I would like to share with you. Enjoy and just remember to pace yourself... ;)

Drunken Smores
1 part Marshmallow Vodka
2 parts Irish Liqueur (Bailey's or any brand works)
Top with Gingerbread Cookie and you are sitting happy! :)

No comments: