Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!! (+6 years and counting!)


Happy New Year!!!
Tonight we celebrated the memories of 2011, rung in 2012, and rejoiced over 6 years that hubby and I have been married. 6 years ago today we walked down the aisle in my hometown church to say "I do." 6 years later we are in Minnesota with 2 kids. Precious memories and wow...how time is flying.
Some friends of ours, Mike and Susie, had us over for a Ring in the New Year's Party. This was the first time since we have been in Minnesota that we have gone out for New Year's with our kiddos. At 4:30pm we loaded up the car with the pack n play, diaper bag, pjs, lovee's and blankets, etc. etc. etc (you get the picture) and headed to Outback for a yummy steak dinner (one of our favs). We thought we would be the first ones there at 5pm but the place was packed with parents who apparantly had the same idea as us...arrive early. Cooper was quite content eating lemons and taking the nice waitress' pens out of her pocket each time she'd come by to see us. The rest of us inhaled our steak, potato, bread and salad. :)

Does anyone know what is in the picture below? Well, I did not when I first saw it but it kinda scared me when Gooch and his buddy walked in with it. Introducing the handmade water balloon blaster...and for tonight...the super duper confetti blaster "guaranteed to turn your house into a huge mess." I backed WAY away from this thing as they were loading it...ha ha!

I will say though that this thing make quite the entertaining time. Within seconds, bright colored paper strips and morsels were everywhere (handcut, I might add, by Mr. Gooch and his buddy themselves. Impressed? I kind of was. And then I wondered how on earth they had hours of time to sit and chop up little bits of paper...and then I realized they did not have kids! ha! That answered that question!)

 Thank you Susie and Mike for letting us wreck your beautiful home with confetti. Thank you for helping us celebrate 6 years of marriage. We had a wonderful time and are thankful to have friends like you to ring in the New Year with!

No comments: