Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reindeer Cookies

When I was a little girl, my mama used to make reindeer cookies with me during the Christmas season. This year, I decided I wanted to make them with our boys.
Since our guys are still a little young (and since I had already spent most of my free baking time on holiday breads and gingerbread cookies!) and for the sake of time, I had hubby pick up the pre-sliced Simply Peanut Butter Cookie dough at the grocery store for me. It worked like a charm! At our Cookie Swap, we had quite a few kids in attendance, but Parker at the age of 3 (almost 4), was the oldest one. Going with the pre-sliced cookie dough was the best choice by far. All I had to do was put two slices on the baking tray together and then pinch them together a little for the reindeer head and then the kids placed the little antlers, nose and eyes. Easy for me and for the children. This is such a simple and fun holiday treat for you to do with kids! 

Reindeer Cookies
Ingredients:
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (made from scratch or the store bought kind..either way is great!)
Red M&M's
Chocolate chip baking chips
Pretzels

Place dough 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using thumb and forefinger, make a slight indentation one-third of the way down the sides of each slice. Press in pretzels for antlers, chocolate chips for eyes and a red m&m for the nose.
Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. 

Let your kids have fun with it! (Our little reindeer heads were quite unique...one missing its eyes and one with its antlers upside down...but who cares?! Parker was so proud of his special reindeer cookies and couldn't wait to chow down on them! Each of the kids at the Cookie Swap who participated got to take home their special cookie in a cute little bag...so fun!)
Happy Christmas Baking with your Kiddos!

No comments: