Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just he and his dad

As I type this, my eldest son is flying on a "really big airplane" with his daddy down to Texas. When Clay mentioned flying down to Houston several weeks ago for business and decided to take Parker with him, we were smart and didn't say anything about it to the little man until about a week ago. Here's why...

Now, this picture was actually taken last night in his bedroom while we were packing up his things. I had loaded up his big boy pull ups and before I had a chance to turn back around with his clothes, he had filled his suitcase with every stuffed animal and friend that he could find in his bedroom...oh, and his blankee. :)

However, when I told him about the trip this last Monday, he immediately ran off in search of his new suitcase. I found him lugging that thing up from the basement and putting it by the front door so that he would be ready to go! ha ha!

To say he's going to have an adventure for the next couple of days is an understatement.
A big boy trip with his daddy...
Oh, and it gets better. So two of his aunts, KK and Ashee, are going to be hosting them. I don't know who's more excited about Saturday..the girls or Parker. His aunts have fun things planned and I only wish that I could be in two places at once, to observe the excitement. Thank you girls for having my boys! Please take a few pictures for me. :)

Parker was quite the proud little boy when he called me from the airport McDonalds to tell me everything that they had to eat at the Big Arch's for lunch today. In addition to that, he was ecstatic to tell me he had already been to the potty twice since arriving at the airport!! ha ha!

I have to say that my three year old is not the only one excited about this little weekend trip; his mama was doing some somersaults (well, maybe I exaggerated the somersaults part...I'm a little too out of shape right now...what am I talking about, I haven't done a somersault since I was in elementary gymnastics back in the day.) Would you believe a cartwheel? I did actually do a cartwheel in my downstairs living room; it wasn't pretty nor did it feel too great, but that didn't wipe the smile off of my face.

What, might you ask is on my agenda? Well, I'll let you know after I eat a piece of chocolate and think about it for a minute. ;)

Fly safe my precious boys. Cooper and I will hold the fort down for ya.

3 comments:

Aunt Lala said...

Too fun!! I hope you have a fabulous time with Cooper!! Parker and Clay will have a great time with the girls!! Love you all!

Becky Chalet said...

Enjoy reading your blogs. I'm too excited for Parker, can't help writing this comment.

valerie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to read about it. You'll have to be sure and fill us in next week!