Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"date day" with Clay


My hot hubbie!!! :)


Great Clips IMAX Theatre in Apple Valley, MN

On Friday, Clay & I dropped Parker off at daycare just before lunch and prepared to have a few hours of mama & daddy time to ourselves. "What did you do" you ask?

Well, it started with "Under the Sea 3D" at the Great Clips IMAX theatre in Apple Valley. It actually ended up being really cool! I think we were the only couple in the room without kids, but we thoroughly enjoyed it! Who couldn't love the light humor in narrator Jim Carrey's voice as a Sea Dragon & some Sea Lions float by the screen. I tell you what was embarrasing though...when I am jumping out of my seat each time one of those large fish shoots out his razor-like tongue to take in breakfast --Clay, do you remember the names of those fish-- anyway, those things would shoot at you like lightning!!! The kids thought it was hilarious! I just couldn't get it in my head that it was only 3D; they can't REALLY get you! :) Anyway, if you live in the area, I would check it out! It's about a 45 min. clip with cool music, neat video clips & lively narration!
You can get more info about it here.

Next was lunch at Olive Garden (boy, was I craving those breadsticks and that delicious salad...I actually ordered a meal & only ate the salad & breaksticks...the chicken & pasta came home with Parker & me; we enjoyed it on Saturday! :)

After lunch we drove to the bank and then home to take care of some "businessy type stuff." It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you're not running to wipe a nose or to check on the little man every 2 minutes! :) Then of course, it was time to pick up Parker (who was meanwhile having a blast playing with his friends at Kindercare!)

Anyway, I think we should take "date days" more often!!! What do you think, baby?! :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

YAY for date days, date nights, date anytimes!