Thursday, April 2, 2009

weekend fun with Memphis friends & Sunday strolls with family


Our friends in Memphis, Jason & Ashley. (Jason & Clay were college roommates) We went by their cute home on Saturday & had such a fun visit! I had only heard tons of stories about these two & the adventures that Clay & Jason had in school, so I was thrilled to finally get to meet the couple!

It's easy to see why Jason & Clay got along so well...from what I can tell, they're a lot alike! Of course, after seeing Jason's office adorned with stylish aviation decor & then walking out into his commercially painted garage floor & cool tools, I knew those two boys were a match made in heaven! ha ha! Poor Clay, you'll get your tools & garage one of these days! :)

Ashley had the house super super cute! It looked like something you would pull right out of a Southern Living magazine!!! I could tell the minute I walked in she was a stylin' gal! (By the way Ashley, I loved your scarf you were wearing that day!) :)


The dynamic duo!


The girls at dinner: Mallori, Ashley, Carrie & Blair


The boys: Clay, Jason & Justin (Can you tell that Jason & Justin are twins btw?)

Saturday night we all went out to Macaroni Grill for a delicious dinner! The food, the friends & fellowship...what a terrific time! I think we were there for almost 3 hours!!! It was great getting to meet Mallori & Justin too; they were sooo nice! Justin was practically a third roommate with Clay & Jason so they reminisced over old times!


And finally!!! It has been way too long since I have seen Miss Blair (my college suitemate..might as well have been my roommate!) We haven't seen each other since mine & Clay's wedding! THANK YOU Blair for taking time out of your super busy schedule to eat with us! Blair is a CPA; I always have the best of timing calling her during the middle of tax season! :) So, in about 35 minutes we caught each other up on everything that had happened in the last 3 1/2 years.


Blair brought a couple of books for us to take home...she is the sweetest thing! I have already starting digging in them! Thank you Blair!


Rassie (mama), Taylor & Carrie - the picture is a little dark but I still love it!


Cousin Collin & Parker - After church on Sunday we went out to eat with some of the fam at the Grenada Country Club; I don't know what it was about this day, but Parker was ALL ABOUT his cousin Collin! I was cracking up watching the two of them!


Love those deep "from the belly" laughs!


"Are these fun times or what?!"


Uncle Butch, Collin, Clay, Parker & Papa hanging out Sunday afternoon


We were only in Grenada for one afternoon so we figured we should make the best of it! After ice cream from Spencers, :) strolls through the neighborhood & some good 'ole visiting, we decided to put up the swing that Rassie had gotten for Parker when he was in town. As you can see here, it was a little more than just "tying it up!" It was fun watching Clay & Collin work though!

Parker in his swing for the first time. He did pretty good; Parker says it's going to take some getting used to though! :)

No comments: