Tuesday, March 9, 2010

scrappin' at the Embassy Suites

Every girl needs a Girl's Weekend every now & then...wouldn't you agree? Laughing, joking, chatting, munching, scrappin'...ahhh, it soothes the soul. :)
So Friday, by the time I arrived at the Embassy Suites I was so exhausted I couldn't even think about a layout! We visited, munched on goodies down at Happy Hour, enjoyed a late night pizza...and then I was crashed in the bed at 10pm. I'm such a party animal.

Anyway, Saturday morning Tressa & I were wide awake (unfortunately) by 6am...what I would give to be able to naturally NOT wake up that early! We were down at breakfast showered, dressed & ready to go by 7:30am. Tressa had gotten 2 hotel rooms...one to sleep in & one to work in (she & I were sleeping in the one all 4 of us were working in...and boy oh boy you should've seen all of our things sprawled out all over that workroom...I sooo wish I had captured a picture of it! I got the individual tables, but wasn't able to get the whole room...thickers, cricut supplies, cardstock, stamps, inkpads, brads, eyelits...all over the place! Such fun!). So after our omelets, bagels, fruit, yogurt, & juice Tressa & I were back in the room ready to get to work on our creations! :) Tracy & Cristie joined us a little later on (it must be nice to be able to sleep in! :))

When the girls suggested food options for meal times that day I was like, "What, we're stopping to eat?!" ;) I was already planning on munching on the snacks & goodies we had brought with us. I'm so glad we did break for a bit though...we had such a great time playing a round of Spades, eating a relaxing dinner & visiting some more. Saturday evening I went crazy...I stayed up till 11pm. Whoohoo! Go me! I did pay for it the next morning though. :) Sunday, after breakfast & packing up (which was no quick nor easy task) we went home to join our families.

Thank you girls for such a fabulous laid-back & creative weekend! Thank you Tracy for lugging all of your stuff down from Kansas City to share with us! Thank you Tressa for treating us to the rooms & all to make the stay sooo very comfortable & fun! Thank you Cristie for missing your ballgame to hang out with us even longer! :) Love ya'll! Looking forward to next time!


Tracy, Cristie, Tressa & Carrie
Hard at work

Tressa surprised us with a celebratory cake from Byerly's...Yum is all I can say.
I'll show some layouts soon! :)

No comments: