Sunday, August 16, 2009

fun package, coloring, playing & more!

Loved the message at church today: "Be faithful while waiting."
The pastor was referring to not knowing what the next step in your life will be & how we need to patient & trust in the Lord at all times. He will be faithful & show us when we're ready for our next step. Wow...could he be speaking to us any more clearly?!

I feel really good about this next week! Last week, I marked so many of the big "to do's" off of my list that this week should be a little bit more "carefree busy" (until something else comes up of course!) :) Don't you just feel GOOD when you get yucky things taken care of! "Yucky" being those time-consuming, all-thoughts-must-be-on-this-one-project, challenging, headache of a chore that requires a lot of not fun thinking & sometimes even worrying! I know we all have some of those pop up every so often! :)

Well anyway, I had just finished a long hard 5 hours of grueling "work time" & got a call saying we had a package in at the office! Yippee! What a way to end my day! So I drove down to the office to find this waiting for me:

Fair, my brother's ultra-cute & super sweet girlfriend cleaned out her closet & decided to send me some goodies! :) Have I mentioned that this girl has more style in her little pinky toe than I think I have in my whole body?! Clay was smiling & laughing at me as I unpacked the box like a kid unwrapping her biggest Christmas present! Parker had other fun in mind...
Thank you Anne & Fair for being so sweet & thinking of me! :)

Other random fun things from the last week of our lives...

Clay & I love how much Parker has been wanting to color lately!! I think he actually likes to hold the crayon box more than anything & to proudly pick out his own colors! :)
Desperately needed to keep Parker busy for 15 minutes one day, so I opened his special toy chest & let him pull out all of toys & play his heart out for the whole 11 minutes that he was interested in that! Parker has been spending a lot of time playing up here...reading, giggling, rolling around...

love our little monkey...

No comments: