Thursday, February 12, 2009

Breakfast in Bed


This morning when Parker woke up at 6:40 Clay immediately got out of the bed and told me to go back to sleep...at 8:15 he walked in the room carrying 2 cards and breakfast. Breakfast in Bed!!! "Happy Valentines!" he said...How thoughtful was it of Clay to do this for me! I couldn't help but grin & laugh when I read the card from Parker; it had scribbles on it and Clay had helped him sign it at the bottom where it read, "Happy Valentine's Day! Love the P Man." Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my 7 minutes of Breakfast in Bed; I am so blessed!

Last night, Clay & I watched the movie "Fireproof" (my Valentine's gift to him); if you have not seen this go get it today! It's a little bit of a tearjerker like "Facing the Giants" but soooo worth it! What an awesome reminder of how we should cherish our relationship with our spouse each day through the good, the bad and even the ugly!!! :) Rassie gave us the book, "Love Dare" for Christmas and Clay & I have started that; it is a follow-up to the movie (although you really don't have to see/do one before the other!). I would recommend the book "Love Dare" and the movie "Fireproof" to engaged couples, newlyweds, couples who have been married for 40 years...what a cool gift idea too!

Tonight, I'm cooking supper for my friend Tracy and some of her family who are coming into town from Kansas City for their grandmother's funeral. It will be a bittersweet time; so sorry that they have lost their loved one but also excited to be able to visit with them for a bit!

No comments: