Tuesday, February 10, 2009

yummy recipes...



So on Saturday a girlfriend of mine, Jami, came over to scrapbook for a little while; with her came these delicious treats..that are actually healthy! I loved them because not only were they yummy and nutritious, but what a great recipe for parties, casual get-togethers, church suppers, or anything for that matter!!! She shared the recipe with me so here you go! Hope you enjoy! (I believe the original recipe came from allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS:
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Roll out the crescent roll dough onto a 9x13 inch baking sheet, and pinch together edges to form the pizza crust.
Bake crust for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Once finished cooking, remove crust from oven and let cool 15 minutes without removing it from the baking sheet.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Ranch dressing. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange broccoli, tomato, green bell pepper, cauliflower, shredded carrots, and Cheddar cheese over the cream cheese layer. Chill for one hour, slice and serve.

Also, I tried a fun new dinner recipe tonight from the Grenada, MS First Baptist Church Cookbook "Endless Blessings" that recently came out (thank you Mama! I am loving it!). The recipe was called Cranberry Chicken and delicious! And talk about easy...oh my goodness..chicken, catalina salad dressing, dry onion soup mix and cranberry sauce was all you needed. It literally took me less than 10 minutes to prep this meal...I served it with some simple broccoli and twice baked potatoes. If you're tired of the same old chicken meals and looking for something easy and good...you should give this a try! Let me know if you want more details on this one!

Other good recipes from this book that I've tried so far (in the 2 weeks I've had it) include the Cheeseburger Casserole (which Clay & Parker loved!) and baked pork chops...yum! (even though as we all know I had a stinker of a time with the prep on the pork chops!) :) For sides lately, one of our favorites is Roasted Vegetables (recipe derived from the Betty Crocker cookbook). It fixes a nice amount of vegetables for 2 1/2 people. :)

What has been so much fun about the Endless Blessings cookbook is that not only are these recipes some of the best and easiest ones I've tried, but I grew up eating a lot of these dishes made by these ladies because I've known them since I was itty bitty in the church! Ladies, thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes with us!!!

1 comment:

valerie said...

YUM!!!! I do want that cranberry chicken recipe! It sounds delicious!