Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"oh snowy & cold minnesota", here we come! :)



Parker & I are back in Minne! We arrived last night! I was so thankful we were able to get on our flight! Parker even had his own seat...YES!!! No holding in mama's lap this trip... :) I actually got to read part of my Creating Keepsakes magazine (as you can see in the picture above, Parker wanted to look at it too!); oh what a small moment of pure bliss that was...for a few moments Parker was entralled with his goldfish and the fact that for the first time ever, his little feet could touch the back of the seat in front of him...here we go! I think I apologized to the girl in front of us like 7 or 8 times for the little "backseat kicker". She was really nice about it though! But truly for a few minutes I was able to completely lose myself in the creativity and fun of my magazine, and I think I smiled the whole time I was reading!!!

When we arrived in Minne I couldn't locate my check bag; it had somehow gotten placed on the later flight. They said that they would call & drop it off sometime between 11pm & 1am though. All right, I'll stay up...It actually worked out well because as it was, I was a little worried about being able to push, carry and stroll everything. Typical luggage for our flights is as follows: purse, diaper bag, Parker & Stroller, stroller case (which cannot be folded up and placed underneath the seat unfortunately...wouldn't it be nice! :)), pink MK carry-on bag with important things like Parker's nebulizer treatment, medicines, extra diapers, etc. and our check bag. As you can imagine, it sometimes gets a little tricky hauling all of this stuff. Well anyway, as it turns out, the guy dropped it off at the front of our apt last night around 12:40am. ...Less for me to carry and load in the car and less to fool with right away when I got home! :) I'm one of those that when I walk in the apt from a trip, I immediately spring into action and don't hit the bed until everything is in it's place and ready to go! So...this was the first trip in a very long time that when I came home I actually had to sit down and relax a bit after putting Parker to bed! It was kinda nice. :)

Today Clay flew in; he & Parker are napping right now. Actually, I hear them waking (isn't that funny how the timing always works!); time to get supper started! Anyway, it has been a good day to unpack, do laundry, sort and organize!

No comments: